Friday, August 13, 2010

One of my best childhood memories



My memory escapes me a lot of the time. Oh sure if I see a picture from my childhood I can say, "I remember that!" But most times its all a bit fuzzy. A few things do stand out though and one of them is making mud pies in the backyard. Specifically, the side of the house where it was all dirt and some weeds. I'd love to take the hose around to that side of the house and let the water run. Until the ground was a soft squishy grey mess. Then I'd play. I'd make pies, mud castles and just a general mess of myself. When I was done, I'd hose off the mud and head in for dinner. The best part, my mom never got mad. She didn't mind the mess and she let me be a kid free to explore my world.

And sometimes as a mom that's the best thing you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment