Monday, April 26, 2010

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I was craving oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and I don't really have a favorite recipe so I used the one on the oatmeal container! I forgot to lay out the chocolate chips!


One of the great things about this recipe is I only used one bowl. And I didn't even use a mixer as the instructions suggest. First I mixed the butter, brown sugar and vanilla together. Then I threw in the rest of the ingredients right on top and mixed. Easy!


If you don't have a Silpat, get one!


I then use a regular large spoon to scoop out my cookies. I'm able to fit 12 cookies on the baking sheet. I ended up with 36 cookies. I love, love, love my Silpat. I got mine from Bed Bath and Beyond. No more burnt cookie bottom and raw dough on top!

When I bake cookies I take try to take them out just before they look done. That way you end up with super soft, chewy cookies. The only thing I might do different is cut back on or omit the nutmeg. A little nutmeg goes a long way.

  • 1/2 lb butter or margarine softened
  • 1-1/2 cups golden brown sugar, packed
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups quick oats cereal
  • 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg(I'd go with 1/4 tsp or none at all)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • semi-sweet chocolate chips (eyeball it, I like lots!)

Bake at 350 for 10-13 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment